Thursday, September 27, 2007
Leaving Las Vegas
It's the Design Star finale, where we learn who was elected winner by the voting public. But not before we watch a lot of filler. The highlights:
- Sparkle Josh has his own cheering section, complete with sequined signage. He's grateful to his fans for finally making him "feel like the prettiest, most popular girl in school."
- Will is wearing a tie and a buttoned shirt because "the lady of my life -- my mama -- told me that America needed to see her son dressed up."
- Robb has "a new career in damage control." Lots of people get in some digs.
- Will played house mother, cooking for everyone. He gets props and a $5000 gift card. So it does pay to be a nice guy.
- Sparkle Josh gets his own montage. He's really into the nickname now. Todd reveals that he was a little hesitant at first, wondering if they were making fun of him, but it didn't take him long to get on board with it. Will calls him a diamond.
- Everyone testifies about the family feeling they developed.
- The judges reveal that they argued over the decisions a lot, which didn't happen last year.
- Will suggests the judges be more tactful in their criticisms. Cynthia jokes that he must be talking about Vern, since she and Martha are "the nice ones."
- The judges were surprised that Christina got booted after the presentations.
- The contestants voted Lisa "Designer We Wanted to See More of" and she gets a $5000 gift card.
- Todd: full-throttle
- Kim: situation
- Will: you know what I'm sayin'?
- Christina: yeah
- Scott: Santa Barbara
- Todd tips over the head table once again. Never gets old.
- Martha obliviously explains that "his package is interesting to look at." Cynthia falls out of her chair laughing.
- David makes an appearance and snarks at Todd for finally keeping his shirt on. Todd looks confused. He presents the finalists with keys to product-placed vehicles.
And the results are in: Kim wins! Whew!
Labels: Design Star